You’re meeting a person for the first time and want to make a positive impression. What does it take to make that happen? Recent studies show that one way to make the impact you want is to have a better-looking smile, as one-third of the people polled say the first thing they notice about a person is his or her smile. But even more important than the way others view you is the way you view yourself. Thus, when you make the decision to have any work done to enhance your appearance, you want to be sure that you’re working with the best cosmetic dentist in Frisco. As you continue reading, you’ll learn why experience and proficiency matter.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
A common misconception – and one that you may have encountered – is that dental wellness only focuses on the function of your teeth. The reality, though, is that the way your mouth and teeth look factors greatly into your physical and mental health.
Cosmetic dentistry, then, is the arm of oral care that offers a way to improve the appearance of your smile and indirectly enhances your overall health. But how? You may ask.
- Mental Health Benefits – Researchers from various backgrounds are coming to learn the benefits of epigenetics, a newer branch of science that proports that your environment plays a huge role in your health. Thus, taking the time to improve your appearance is a great way to enhance your mental wellness.
- Physical Health Benefits – The epigenetic effects continue, though. When you feel better about yourself, your brain produces more endorphins (happy hormones) and other healthy hormones that contribute to your total physical wellness.
The Intangibles of the Right Cosmetic Dentist!
To fully enjoy the benefits mentioned above, though, it’s imperative that you work with the right professional. She should possess a combination of education, skill, compassion, experience and ethics.
Here are some other factors you should consider when searching for the right cosmetic dentist:
- Online Reviews – What do other people have to say about their experience with your dentist? This is a great way to get honest assessments of the proficiency of the professional you’re considering.
- Are Patients Advocates? – There’s even a step above online reviews – patient advocates. These are people who may have been so impressed with the care they received that they’d even do something like speak on camera about their positive experience.
- Credentials – Your dentist should have the training necessary to deliver cosmetic treatments that you can trust will be correctly done. This is important because you don’t have time to waste and some procedures are semi-permanent. Thus, a poorly conducted treatment could spell problems for years to come.
So whether you’re looking to enhance your smile through porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, Invisalign clear braces or cosmetic bonding, the right dentist in Frisco will be able to safely and effectively deliver the smile of your dreams.
To learn more about her services, schedule a consultation today!
About the Author
Earning her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Baylor University, Dr. Jill Wade has over 20 years of experience practicing dentistry. An educator and resource for her peers, she has attained the prestigious role of Master of the Academy of Dentistry and is one of the founding members of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health. Dr. Wade practices at Stonebriar Smile Design and can be reached for more information through her website.