You’ve lived for a while now with your imperfect smile, but now you have a chance to improve the look and function of your teeth with Invisalign in Frisco. Your local dentist says that before the treatment starts, though, there are some things that you should purchase to make your experience as productive as possible. Read on to learn how to get on the path to smile perfection!
What You Need “To Go”
When you’re on the go, there are a few items that you should have so that you can complete your task while remaining in compliance with your needs for properly adjusting your teeth and maintaining their health. These items include:
- A Compact Toothbrush and Tiny Toothpaste – One of the luxuries of wearing Invisalign aligners is that you’ll be able to remove them every time you eat. Thus, to protect the health of your ivories and gums, you need to brush your teeth wherever you’re at. So you’ll want to keep a small toothbrush and toothpaste handy at all times.
- Cleaning Wipes – When you remove your aligners, you’re immediately in possession of a portable petri dish, full of bacteria. To avoid the harmful effects to your oral health, you can keep cleaning wipes to clean your trays when you remove them from your mouth.
- Lip Balm – One of the downsides of wearing Invisalign aligners is that they will cause your lips to be dry and chapped, so keep some lip balm handy to prevent any uncomfortable cracking.
- A Carrying Pouch – When you remove your plastic trays, where can you safely and securely store them? A carrying pouch specifically designed for Invisalign aligners serves this purpose perfectly.
What to Keep on Hand When at Home
Your expert in orthodontics in Frisco says that once you’ve purchased the items you need to keep on hand when on the go, you should consider what you need to have for your home. Here are a few of them:
- Floss – Unlike traditional braces, your clear aligners will allow you to maintain all of your normal oral hygiene habits, including flossing your teeth. Therefore, you should keep some floss on hand and be sure to use it at twice a least a day.
- An Extra Aligner Case – It’s easy to misplace your aligner case, so it’s best to keep an extra one on hand. This ensures that when you’re not wearing them, your trays will be protected.
- Retainer Brite – One of the main advantages of the Invisalign treatment process is that it’s designed to allow you to maintain a discreet look while wearing your aligners. Retainer Brite cleaning tablets are essential for maintaining your trays’ clear appearance.
- Tylenol – When you place a new set of aligners in your mouth, you may notice some slight discomfort on the first day. A pain remedy is to take Tylenol, which is a better option than taking Ibuprofen because the latter acts as an anti-inflammatory and can slow the process of your teeth adjusting.
You’re Now Ready for Smile Perfection!
Now that you know what to acquire before you receive your Invisalign aligners, you are ready to start down the path to perfectly functioning and beautiful teeth. Reach out to your local cosmetic dentist in Frisco to learn more about how to get the ball rolling!
About the Author
Dr. Jill Wade earned her DDS degree from Baylor University in 1995 and has since gone on to create thousands of beautiful smiles over the past two decades. Frequently called on to share her expertise on radio, television and in print, she is considered an authority in cosmetic dentistry. Dr. Wade changes lives at Stonebriar Smile Design and can be reached for more information through her website.