Your dentist’s top priority is to help you keep your smile healthy and functional, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun while you’re taking care of your pearly whites. Cosmetic dentistry is immensely popular, and for good reason. Everyone wants to dazzle when they show off their teeth! One procedure that has changed the way countless people think about their smile is the installation of porcelain veneers in Frisco. What exactly are veneers, and how can they take your grin from average to amazing?
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are exactly what their name implies: thin pieces of porcelain that your dentist attaches to the fronts of your teeth to disguise all their little (and sometimes big) imperfections. The installation process for these smile-transforming little marvels is pretty straightforward:
- During your consultation, your cosmetic dentist in Frisco will make sure your teeth are healthy enough to support veneers. You’ll learn about all the benefits of the procedure as well as any potential drawbacks.
- To prepare your teeth for the veneers, the dentist will remove a thin layer of enamel; this is just to make sure that your new look appears as natural as possible.
- You’ll wear a temporary veneer while a laboratory creates your custom new tooth covers.
- You’ll return to the dentist, who will permanently attach your veneers to your teeth.
What Do Veneers Fix?
Now comes the exciting part — the list of all the issues that porcelain veneers can make disappear.
- Whether your teeth are a bit yellow because of genetics, past bad habits, or other factors, veneers can hide the discoloration and give you the white grin you’ve been missing.
- Cracks and chips. Remember when you chipped your tooth on that popcorn kernel? A veneer can make your tooth look whole again.
- Asymmetrical teeth or teeth that are too small. If your teeth are the wrong size or shape, veneers have the potential to make those flaws history.
- Minor misalignment. If your teeth are severely misaligned, you probably need an orthodontic treatment. However, if the crookedness or gaps don’t pose a threat to your oral health, veneers might be the perfect solution.
Are Veneers Right for Me?
Veneers are a fantastic way to improve your smile’s appearance, but they might not be right for everybody. To determine if they’re a good fit for you, start by doing some research on them. Before and after photos can give you a realistic idea of what to expect if you undergo the procedure. Then, head to your dentist in Frisco to discuss what you want your teeth to look like. You may discuss porcelain veneers as well as other cosmetic procedures, such as dental bonding or professional teeth whitening.
Want to be the proud owner of a gorgeous grin that makes all your friends jealous? Porcelain veneers might be perfect for you.
About Our Practice
We’re proud to have three highly experienced dentists on our team. They’d be happy to help you achieve the head-turning, healthy smile of your dreams! If you’re interested in learning more about porcelain veneers, please contact our office at 972-377-7800.